There was a time
When my mind had it's freedom
to wander aimlessly through the days
to travel to distant lands
or soar among the clouds
and to hold imaginary lovers
through the night.
But now things have changed
and it seems my mind has been tethered
and can never get too far
from thoughts of you.
<->
Can I live without you
now that I know you
now that I know you exist
Can I sleep at night
without seeing your smile
now that I've seen it for real
Can I be the same
now that I've changed
with the gentle touch of your hand
Now that I'm divided
by my need for you
without you
can I be whole again
<->
You have come into my life
through a door I was afraid
would never be open again
for many have slammed it
on their way out
So please feel free
to stay as long as you like
But should the time come
that you must leave
please, close the door gently
as you go
<->
Whether it was chance
or that thing called fate
that brought you to me
I really can't say
and I don't believe
it really matters
For I have been lucky enough
to have the opportunity to hold you
not just in my arms
but also in my heart
And should the winds of time
blow hard enough
to take you from my arms
you can rest assured
they will never
take you from my heart
<->
There are so many words
yet there are no words
for when I look into your eyes
No words nee to be spoken
and the warmth of your smile
Is a statement in itself
and how could I ever try to explain
the trembling in my body
when I touch your face.
There are no words to explain an emotion
so I open to you my mind
that you might walk
among my dreams and memories
Then...and only then
you might understand my silence
Sunday, December 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment